Saturday 16 April 2011

Keepin Up with Dave the Chimp

The Chimp Goes Shoppin

So I needed some wheels for my new re-shaped park set up. The Mob don't make anything bigger than a 54 these days, and you know me, I like them 56 big fast wheels that are no good for the flippy tricks that I can't do anyway So I went to Search and Destroy, the skate shop in
Kreuzberg.

They had some 58mm wheels that looked ugly and cheap,then the guy pulled out these dirty grey things, in a zip lock plastic bag "these are made here in Berlin by a vert skater who used to ride for Zorlac. They're only 55mm, but they're fast"


I took a look, they have shitty Banksy-like graphics screened on both sides. There were a lot of bubbles in them, and swirls of colour where the urethane obviously hadn't been stirred enough. But fuck it, got to support the home team, it's the 243 way,so I handed over the cash.

I set up my new (completely German) board and had a quick skate on the way home.
This shit is FAST!!!
I'm stoked!
Shop Local.

CHIMP

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above is a personal view of Chimp-not the view of The Rad Dad Collective!

    Thanks
    The Collective Team

    ReplyDelete