Wednesday 22 June 2011

Keepin Up With...Jenny Bird


Hello Bird Watchers :) I hope you are having a spectacular summer!!

I have some exciting news to announce!! As you may know I have shown with Varnish Fine Art Gallery of San Francisco for several years, but as of now I am being officially represented by Varnish and I couldn't be happier about this. I really adore the gallery owners Jen Rogers and Kerri Stephens, they are an absolute pleasure to work with and I have some great stuff coming up with them,
This September will be Varnish Gallery's grand reopening and I will have a new large piece in this show.

Work in progress detail shot below- 'Reviving Ophelia' will be my piece for the show.



In Spring 2012 Varnish is doing a pop up gallery in NYC and I will be one of the few featured artists for this exciting show! Following that I will have my next big solo show back in SF at the gallery.
Please check the Varnish website for updates about these shows and contact the gallery directly with any inquiries.
http://www.varnishfineart.com/News.cfm
you can also join the Varnish Facebook page here
http://www.facebook.com/varnishfineart

This year has been hectic for me, my husband and I bought a home and moved out of the place we'd lived for 12 years, that was quite and undertaking! but we left foggy San Francisco and hopped over the bay into the heat of Oakland, I am loving all the sunshine and our new friends the red squirrels that live in the tree outside our house and all the varieties of birds that sing all night long and hop around in the gargen. The best thing however is my new huge studio, so even though I need to paint the walls of the house and still have boxes to unpack that will have to be put on hold because I am absolutlely chomping at the bit to start on my next major series of work, so stay tuned for that!

In other news, I have a number of group shows at galleries in Los Angeles, Santa Fe and New Orleans and London coming up this summer and fall and will be sending details about those shows soon.


Thank you for your continued support of me and my work!!

Tweets for now!!

jennybird

No comments:

Post a Comment