Wednesday 7 September 2011

Flesh Cut Fridays with Luci Westphal


From the TV Tower (Fernsehturm) at Alexanderplatz you get a 360 degree birds-eye-view of the entire city of Berlin! I have saved this trip and video for the grande finale of my 70 week long series of weekly 1-minute videos from Berlin (and a few other side excursions).

Scott and I took the elevator up 200 meters to the viewing floor of the 4th tallest free-standing structure in Europe on Monday - less than 48 hours before leaving Berlin.

The TV Tower originally opened in 1969 in what was then still East Berlin (and therefore part of the GDR aka East Germany). To see what the tower looks like from the ground, please check out my video "TV Tower - Fernsehturm" - In A Berlin Minute (Week 29).

To give you the full effect of the 360 degree view, I filmed at every third window.

The song is "The Fairest Wheel" by Jason Matherne of Goonygoogoo Productions.

Alright then, as I've mentioned, this is a bit of a finale to my "In A Berlin Minute" weekly series, which I spontaneously started during my first week in Berlin, where I had moved to from New York in April 2010. I never expected to be making these videos for so long - and I wouldn't have done it without all of the amazing support from you viewers on YouTube, Vimeo, blip, Facebook and iTunes.

Now the big question: do I continue to bring you weekly one-minute videos while I live in Brooklyn - or wherever I go next? And if I do, what should the series be called? I plan to return to Berlin next year, but I don't really think I should stick with the "In A Berlin Minute" title...

Or do you think I should just quit with this grande finale?

Luci



No comments:

Post a Comment